Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seed planting

Dill and Rocket seeds waiting to be covered.

I planted some seeds last week. I have been saving plastic fruit punnets to use as mini cloches. I have a plastic greenhouse I purchased at Aldi too, so I keep the punnets in there to protect them from the elements. The fruit punnets work really well. Pop some dirt in them, sow the seeds, water, close the lids and wait. Presto! seedlings. I planted Rocket and Dill and the Rocket is up and away already. Am yet to see any Dill seedlings poking up through the soil.

Rocket seedlings


Oh and how could I forget the Calendula and Marigold seeds I am also growing in these cloches. The Calendula jumped from the soil in about 3 days flat. These were seeds I had harvested from plants at my boy's kinder. The Marigolds came from a packet of seeds I purchased and up until I planted them, I had thought the Calendula seeds were actually Marigolds! Always learning.

Calendula seedlings

Marigold seedlings

No comments:

Post a Comment