Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pottering


I love to potter in my garden. I spend a lot of time pottering. I pull weeds, check for growth, damage, bugs, fruit etc. I find a lot of peace and calm in my garden. I truly enjoy just being out in it and soaking up the sun. I think my overall mood has improved a lot since I started to potter. I really appreciate my life a bit more. Our time on this earth really is short. We can get so caught up in all the things we worry about. My garden brings me no worries; only ideas, inspiration, peace and joy. I have truly enjoyed following my garden through a year of seasons. Finding out the identity of plants when their buds unfurl, watching where the sun falls as the seasons change, seeing the birds raise their young in our trees and adding my own touches to what was originally here. I hope your garden brings you the same feelings of contentment mine does. It's truly a blessed feeling. 
Here are some of the things I have noticed while pottering this week.


New growth on the Camellias. These are newly planted, so I am very happy they are doing well.

The second Clivia has bloomed. It has three flower heads

Yet to be identified plant has a flower? stem coming

Interesting pattern on its leaves

The Cordyline Stricta is about to bloom

One of the grasses out the front has blooms coming

Full shot of the plant. I don't know what it is.


Maple leaves are well on the way

New leaves on the Boysenberry? Unsure what berry this is.

It's doing quite well. Last time I checked it, it looked like it was dying

Photo of the whole plant. This shoot came from my mother-in-law's plant

Cutting I took of the Chinese Lantern and just popped in the dirt

Quick check reveals it has taken root

Dandelion

Flower stem coming on another unidentified plant


No comments:

Post a Comment