Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Identifying the plants in our garden

One of the first things I did when coming here was to photograph the plants in our garden and to find out what they were. I started an album on my facebook page and was able to get quite a few of them labelled via the collective knowledge of my friends. I have also been able to discover a few more along the way by writing names down at the nursery, out of books borrowed from the library or catching the plants featured on Gardening Australia.

There are still a few that elude me and I thought I would catalogue them here too.

Can you name this for me? We lost this one after a big storm.



Picture of its seed pods. I have the seeds though and will try to re grow it.

Lambs Ear


Rose Campion

Growing in abundance

Austral Indigo

Foxglove

Foxglove I removed after someone told me it was poisonous

Bush Fuschia

Euphorbia

Acacia Cognata

This is some sort of Bottlebrush


Any takers on what this is?

It has huge thorns

Panodrea

Ornamental Gum

Lilly Pilly

Lilly Pilly

Yet to find out what this is

Close up of previous plant

No idea what this is

It is deciduous



Callistemon or Melaleuca?

Native Hibiscus I believe

Pretty colour

Lemon Scented Tea Tree

Closer shot of its leaves.

Asparagus fern. Removed as it is a weed.


Silky Oak

It's a giant of a tree

Any takers on this one. It's not a Camelia

Hardenbergia violacea

Acacia?

Viburnum Tinus

Japanese Wind Flowers

The stalks of previous plant

Philotheca

Lemon Balm

Daphne

Cut Leaf Maple


Type of Fuchsia


Abutilon

Known as Chinese Lantern

Helebore

Plumbago

Cordyline Stricta

Wooley Bush

Hardenbergia Violacea

Pine-leaved Geebung

Azelea?

Erysimum  or Wallflowers

Climbing guinea flower, Hibbertia Scandens


SilverPlectranthus

Hybiscus?



Whatever this is, it died when I moved it. Maybe Valarian?

Geranium

No comments:

Post a Comment